Save the date for the 2024 DSACT Buddy Walk®!
Join the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas (DSACT) as we unite for a common cause and raise funds at the 2024 DSACT Buddy Walk®. Whether you have Down syndrome, know someone who does, or just want to show your support, take the first step and donate or register today! Help us spread the word; all are welcome for our day of celebration!
Date: October 20, 2024
Time: 12 – 4 pm
Location: Reunion Ranch
850 CR 255
Georgetown, TX 78633
2023 DSACT Buddy Walk® Overview
Thank you to our 2023 DSACT Buddy Walk® donors, volunteers, sponsors, community vendors, and participants! On Sunday, October 1, 2023, over 1400 people and 100 teams gathered to celebrate the Central Texas Down syndrome community. We had such a wonderful day reconnecting with old friends, making new memories, and celebrating our loved ones with Down syndrome. Because of your generosity, we have raised over $185,000!
An extra special thank you to our Highest Fundraising Team, Dec Wreckers, who raised over $23,000. Another thank you to our Largest Team, Aldeia (Village), who registered 97 people on their team! And thank you to our two team spirit winners for bringing great energy on the day of our event, Rockin’ with Ruth and For the Love of Liberty and Lincoln!
What is the DSACT Buddy Walk®?
The DSACT Buddy Walk® is an annual event that brings together thousands of members of the Central Texas Down syndrome community. As our largest fundraiser, this event culminates the months of fundraising by community members like YOU! The DSACT Buddy Walk® is a day full of entertainment for all ages! Here are some of the highlights:
- Our famous walk!
- Boxed lunch
- DJ Mel Dance Party
- Petting Zoo
- Mini golf
- Lake with pedal boats
- Team pictures
- A day of fun supporting our great mission
- And more!
What does the event raise money for?
As our largest fundraiser, this event culminates the months of fundraising by community members like YOU! The money raised during Buddy Walk® season helps to fund DSACT’s core programming including:
- Our New Parent Program that welcomes new families to our wonderful community
- Six social groups that encourage lifelong friendships through frequent events
- Recreation programs like kayak camp, book club, art, dance, and fitness that create an inclusive space to make new friends
- Training sessions and conferences for local medical and educational professionals in best practices for their patients and students
- A one-of-a-kind speech therapy program that opens endless opportunities for independence
Questions about Buddy Walk® or interested in joining the Buddy Walk® Planning Committee? Email email@example.com.
Thank you to our 2023 Sponsors!