Partnership with the Austin Marathon
For over 5 years, DSACT has partnered with the Austin Marathon as one of the Austin Marathon Gives official charities. In this role, we operate a hydration/aid station to cheer on our fellow community members as they achieve their goals racing through Austin. It is a truly special day that combines our Down syndrome community with the broader Central Texas community.
We also host a fundraising campaign through Austin Marathon Gives, empowering our DSACT supporters to create peer-to-peer fundraisers. These initiatives not only raise vital funds but also raise awareness about our cherished programs and services. Through the collective efforts of our passionate supporters, we can continue to make a lasting impact and provide invaluable support to those we serve.
Join us for the 2024 Austin Marathon
There are many ways you can support DSACT via the Austin Marathon
- Volunteer with us! We rely on our volunteers to operate our aid station each year. Volunteers set up the aid station, pass out water and sports drinks, cheer on the athletes, and clean up the aid station. The event is one of the most fulfilling volunteer events of the year because of the buzzing atmosphere supporting the broader Central Texas community! Volunteering is a great way for everyone, including loved ones with Down syndrome, to build skills for future employment and find fulfillment.
New this year! We have two shifts for volunteers on the day! Feel free to sign up for both if you want to help out all day! This year we will be at the 21st mile station in recognition of the third copy of the 21st chromosome that characterizes individuals with Down syndrome.
Location: Corner of Goodwin Ave & Paul Teresa Saldana St- 2999 Goodwin Ave
Day: Sunday, February 18, 2024
Time of First Volunteer Shift: 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Time of Second Volunteer Shift: 10:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Be a cheerleader – new for 2024! If you have little ones or aren’t ready to commit to the whole volunteer shift, join us to cheer on the Central Texas running community. At our aid station, we have the opportunity to actively engage with the community, building public awareness about Down syndrome. By including our members with Down syndrome and displaying informative signs along the pathway, runners passing by can learn more about Down syndrome and the incredible members DSACT serves.
- Run for DSACT! You can sign up to run for DSACT in any of the races – 5k, half marathon, or marathon. Want to run in a race for free? If you fundraise to these levels by 1/24/24, you will receive these perks:
- $299 – free Marathon, Half Marathon or 5k race registration
- $199 – free Half Marathon or 5k race registration
- $99 – free 5k race registration
If you don’t want to fundraise, you can still run for DSACT! Join our team called “downsyndromectx” when you register for the Austin Marathon to get some raceday swag.
We especially encourage our members with Down syndrome to sign up for a race. You can follow in the inspiring footsteps of one of our members, Kayleigh Williamson, who was the first person with Down syndrome to complete the Austin Marathon! Sign up for our walking/running program here to get prepared for the races.
- Fundraise online for DSACT! Whether you are running in the race or not, we deeply appreciate this opportunity to host a fundraising campaign to raise awareness about our mission. Join us as we further our mission by creating a fundraiser using the link below
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org!